Quick Exit

What if I don’t agree with the decision?

In limited circumstances if you not agree with the decision, you may apply to have the arbitrator’s decision reviewed by a judge of the Family Court. However if you agree to be bound by the arbitrator’s decision, you may be prevented from later bringing proceedings in the Family Court on the same subject matter.

If you are considering arbitration as a way to resolve your financial dispute and would like more information on whether this process is suitable please contact one of our family lawyers.

Not the FAQ you’re looking for? View all FAQs.